Welcome to the January 2019 issue of the Naace Newsletter
Notice of Annual General Meeting
The Naace AGM will be held in the South Gallery room 9 at 2.15 pm on Wednesday 23rd January 2019 during the Bett 2019 Exhibition and Conference. We hope that as many members as possible will attend.
If you are unable to attend the AGM please consider giving your proxy vote to another member. Board of Management members will be present, so an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your intention of who you would like to give your proxy vote to will be very helpful in ensuring that we are quorate for the AGM.
BETT 2019 – Open Presentation on the new Self Review Framework
At 11.00 am in South Gallery room 9, there will be a presentation on the new Naace SRF. This is being publicised by the Bett organisers and will be open to all delegates.
BETT 2019 – Briefing for ICT Mark Assessors
At 12.15 pm in South Gallery room 9, there will be a briefing for ICT Mark Assessors on the changes to the assessment and reporting process from April 2019. It is very important that any members wishing to undertake ICT Mark assessments under the new SRF attend this briefing or one of the subsequent briefings in London and Manchester – details below.
BETT2019 – Naace Stand – H91
Board of Management members will be staffing the Naace stand (H91) throughout the exhibition and we would welcome any other members who would like to spend some time on the stand helping to promote the association and answer queries from visitors along with us. If you can help, please drop an email to Steve Moss (email@example.com) saying when you are available to do this.
BETT 2019 – Update from the organisers
New at Bett for 2019
BETT‘s mission is to bring together people, ideas, practices and technologies so that educators and learners can fulfil their potential. More than 800 edtech suppliers and 34,000 education professionals from UK and overseas make Bett the biggest, must-attend education event of the year. New for the 2019 event:
- More than 300 edtech suppliers new to Bett, including 100 start-ups. From industry giants like Microsoft, Google, Dell and HP and education specialists such as Promethean, Pi-Top and Canvas through to emerging brands
- ‘Escape Room’ immersive experience for visitors to interact with classroom solutions and explore new products hands-on
- A comprehensive CPD-accredited agenda programme featuring 200 speakers for free personal development and inspiration for school success – in the Bett Arena content is editorially selected (no one as paid to be there!)
- Extended opening hours for the Bett Arena, until 7.30pm each week day, designed for local educators to be able to attend after school hours or for those wanting to travel home from the show after peak travel time
- Challenging perceptions and inspiring fresh ideas, new to appear on stage at Bett: Mitchel Resnick, LEGO Professor of Learning Research, Massachusetts Institute of Technology Media Lab, US; much-loved top children’s authors Cressida Cowell and Anthony Horowitz, Space Scientist Maggie Aderin-Pocock, while Educating Yorkshire’s Mr Burton and more practitioners take to the stage than ever before to share best practice
- The introduction of a Peer-to-Peer Connect lounge, a place for educators and technologists to meet up with each other where there are no suppliers, and no sales pitches!
- The Education Show has moved to be alongside Bett (on the Thursday and Friday of Bett), offering all non-edtech school supplies such as furniture, equipment and teaching resources – meaning there’s a full range of education suppliers under one roof for time-poor leaders and business managers
- A new, free to download Bett app out now which has an AI-powered contact recommendation function so that visitors can find like-minded attendees and meet up
Bett 2019 will run over four days, from 23 to 26 January 2019 at ExCeL London. Register for your free ticket .
Naace Board of Management elections
Nominations were sought in December 2018 for six vacant positions on the Board of Management. Three nominations were received by the closing date and so we welcome to BoM for the next term of office (4 years):
- Ed Fairfield
- Phil Blackburn
- Laurence Boulter
ICT Mark Assessors Update Meetings
If you can’t make the BETT update session, we have arranged two more half-day sessions in the spring.
- March 12th – London, morning session (Mary Sumner House, Tufton Street)
- March 13th – Manchester, morning session (Manchester Conference Centre, close to Piccadilly Station)
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to book a place at one of the sessions. Spaces are limited at each one so please don’t delay. Each session will last a couple of hours.
SRF Support – Sessions for Schools
Naace is running two support sessions for schools using the SRF (or wishing to use the SRF) in the Spring term. There will be one in session in London and one in Manchester. There will be also more ‘localised’ events in the summer and autumn terms. Please see the web site for further details in the summer term.
12th March 2019, 1.30pm to 4.30pm – London
Mary Sumner House, 24 Tufton St, Westminster, London SW1P 3RB
Cost: Delegate £40, Delegate + SRF subscription £75
13th March 2019, 1.30pm to 4.30pm – Manchester
Manchester Conference Centre (Pendulum Hotel)
Sackville Street, Manchester, M1 3BB
Cost: Delegate £40, Delegate + SRF subscription £75
Applications for places should be made to: email@example.com
Safer Internet Day 2019
Naace is a registered supporter of Safer Internet Day which this year is on Tuesday 5th February. We encourage all members to engage with this event.
In addition to this mention in the newsletter, we will be emailing all schools with SRF subscriptions to encourage them to get involved with this very important event.
Our social media accounts on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook are now more active thanks to the work of Matt Rogers from the Board of Management. Matt has been posting details of all schools who have recently been awarded the ICT Mark and has also been promoting the new SRF Tool to our 5000+ followers on Twitter. Please do use these channels to promote the work of the association by retweeting or sharing our posts.