St Loys is a very small, but expanding, primary school that serves Weedon Lois and the surrounding district. Very few pupils are known to be eligible for free school meals but the proportion of pupils with learning difficulties is above that found nationally. Almost all pupils are from White British backgrounds. Children enter the school with skills that are broadly at the level expected for their age.
The Award submission video (points to note
- The use of technology fully embedded but balanced with practical learning and book-based learning;
- Pupils’ learning stimulated by technology, individually and collaboratively;
- Peer mentoring between yrs 3-4 and yrs 1-2;
- Pupils leading learning;
- Pupils using powerful such as video editing tools, producing high quality output;
- Learning logs to help pupils take ownership of their learning and to be responsible for learning at home;
- Pupils identifying how they learn best.