Ty Gwyn is a local authority day special school located in the Ely area of Cardiff. We cater for children and young people aged 3 to 19 years who have profound and multiple learning difficulties, severe learning difficulties and Autistic Spectrum Conditions. We currently have 120 pupils on roll. We moved into our wonderful new building in September 2010. The new building has first class information & communication technology (ICT), which we use to break down barriers to learning. A highly effective Assistive Technology Centre has recently been established which uses cutting edge technology to provide creative approaches to learning and teaching.
The Award submission video
Notes about this video
Juber’s interviews show how the School and the Assistive Technology Centre make a major contribution to:
- Personalised learning programmes
- Engagement and involvement
- Preparing children for life out of school
- Engaging siblings and family
- Sharing pupil achievements with families
- Enabling these children to achieve more.