- This event has passed.
New at Bett for 2019
BETT‘s mission is to bring together people, ideas, practices and technologies so that educators and learners can fulfil their potential. More than 800 edtech suppliers and 34,000 education professionals from UK and overseas make Bett the biggest, must-attend education event of the year. New for the 2019 event:
- More than 300 edtech suppliers new to Bett, including 100 start-ups. From industry giants like Microsoft, Google, Dell and HP and education specialists such as Promethean, Pi-Top and Canvas through to emerging brands
- ‘Escape Room’ immersive experience for visitors to interact with classroom solutions and explore new products hands-on
- A comprehensive CPD-accredited agenda programme featuring 200 speakers for free personal development and inspiration for school success – in the Bett Arena content is editorially selected (no one as paid to be there!)
- Extended opening hours for the Bett Arena, until 7.30pm each week day, designed for local educators to be able to attend after school hours or for those wanting to travel home from the show after peak travel time
- Challenging perceptions and inspiring fresh ideas, new to appear on stage at Bett: Mitchel Resnick, LEGO Professor of Learning Research, Massachusetts Institute of Technology Media Lab, US; much-loved top children’s authors Cressida Cowell and Anthony Horowitz, Space Scientist Maggie Aderin-Pocock, while Educating Yorkshire’s Mr Burton and more practitioners take to the stage than ever before to share best practice
- The introduction of a Peer-to-Peer Connect lounge, a place for educators and technologists to meet up with each other where there are no suppliers, and no sales pitches!
- The Education Show has moved to be alongside Bett (on the Thursday and Friday of Bett), offering all non-edtech school supplies such as furniture, equipment and teaching resources – meaning there’s a full range of education suppliers under one roof for time-poor leaders and business managers
- A new, free to download Bett app out now which has an AI-powered contact recommendation function so that visitors can find like-minded attendees and meet up
Bett 2019 will run over four days, from 23 to 26 January 2019 at ExCeL London.