Schools accredited with the ICT Mark standard are demonstrating that they are committed to using technology to improve their overall effectiveness and efficiency.
What the ICT Mark can do for your school
Schools involved in a range of initiatives such as building programmes, curriculum development and working to ensure that every child matters have found that the ICT Mark has helped them demonstrate effective use of technology.
Schools that have gained the ICT Mark have found that the process has had widespread benefits across many aspects of school life; technology reaches deeply into the work of a school and the ICT Mark process will ensure that you have thought through how it can contribute most effectively. Given the substantial and ongoing investment in technology that is now required there is arguably no better way to ensure you are making the best use of that commitment. The ICT Mark has recently been fully revised and updated and has never been more relevant to the work of schools than it is today.
Applying for ICT Mark assessment and achieving accreditation can offer your school a number of benefits:
* Provides an opportunity to celebrate success
* Verifies your own self-review judgements
* Recognises whole school improvement
* Provides an opportunity to be seen as centre of excellence
* Tells suppliers that you are an informed customer
* Provides you with credibility for hosting visits and providing services
* Provides an opportunity for learners to celebrate their use of technology
* Gives parents confidence that technology is being used effectively
* Informs parents that you offer better communication to families and homes
* Informs other schools and organisations that you are a potential partner for extending opportunities for learning through technology
* Raises public recognition of good practice in the use of technology
* Strengthens your bids for involvement in new initiatives
* Recognises your commitment to self-review and evaluation
* Recognises your commitment and hard work
* Includes promotional material and guidance on how to use the ICT Mark to promote your school.