This is a large infant school with a Nursery. The take-up of free school meals is lower than average even though the school serves an area in which some families face challenging circumstances. Children’s skills when they start school are slightly below average and lower than this in language. About a sixth of the pupils are learning English as an additional language and about half of these pupils are at an early stage of acquiring English. There is a slightly below average proportion of pupils with learning difficulties or disabilities.
The Award submission video (points to note below)
- Exciting, engaging and motivating learning through a range of technologies embedded across the curriculum;
- Children enabled to make independent choices in reading material;
- Parents engaged in children’s learning through devices going home;
- Communication with the wider world through broadcasting;
- Resources supporting creativity in learning;
- Independent learning;
Devices supporting children’s personal targets for learning.